- Prep Time 30 min
- Total Time 60 min
- Servings 8
- oz ground sausage
- medium onion, diced
- cups mushrooms, sliced
- teaspoon salt
- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- cup water
- jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan.
- 2 Cook ground sausage in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until browned. Remove with slotted spoon onto paper towel to drain. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from pan. Add diced onion, and cook until translucent but not browned. Add sliced mushrooms and salt, and cook until mushrooms are softened and onions are caramelized. Remove from heat.
- 3 In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and water until soft dough forms. Drop half of the dough by spoonfuls into pan. Dough will not completely cover bottom of pan.
- 4 Spoon half of the pizza sauce over dough; sprinkle with half of the cheese, and scatter with half of the sausage mixture. Repeat layers with the rest of the dough, sauce, cheese and sausage mixture.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. saurce: http://www.bettycrocker.com